Sunday, June 21, 2009

FINALLY!!!!

Well I am finally back on track, here in blog land. It has been an incredibly busy spring and summer for us here, as I'm sure it has been for all of you guys. We have finally gotten somewhat settled into our new house, we are still fixing some things and finishing up with the decorating, hanging up pics, shelves and whatnot. You know how it is when you move, it takes a good 6 months before it really starts to feel like home, but I can tell you this, my kids are loving it, they are having a wonderful time living on the farm here and being so close to their grandparents, cousins and especially their horses.
Now on to what really matters, here is a few pics of our garden, this is what has been taking up much of my time, I love to garden and with one the size of ours you have to be in it every day for at least an hour just to stay on top of the weeds, bugs and to keep everything gathered up. Our garden this year is for 4 different families and I am not the only one working in it, my grandmother is the boss of the operation and I am simply a willing worker, but you know it takes all hands to get the work done and this fall when all I have to do is walk out to the pantry or open the freezer instead of my wallet I will be so very thankful to have worked hard, and to the Lord who has blessed our garden so.

Now our garden has gotten bigger since I took these pictures, off to the left in the picture on top is 6 more row of October beans, a row of strawberries, and 2 rows of sweet potatoes. This bottom picture is of our green beans and 3 rows of tomatoes, and boy am I looking forward to that first red tomato, I'll have to get up awful early to beat my grandpa and my dad to the garden so that they won't get it first.
We also have a couple of new additions to our family, this little fellow was ds#2 birthday present, and then we also got our daughter one. Buddy is the red Australian shepherd and Sissy is the blue one, I was hoping to name them Biscuit and Jelly, or Peanut and Butter, or Mutt and Jeff, but the kiddos didn't like my names.
I just thought this was a sweet picture, This is my grandpa and my youngest son, whose favorite book is the poky little puppy, when you can get him to sit still long enough, but this day he was tired and ready for a book and Papa was a willing reader.
Well I am glad to be back online and I hope to have some before and after pics up of the new house here in a few days, just to show you what we've been doing. Also I have come across some great little recipes for keeping the aphids off your tomatoes, and its all made of household ingredients, not some chemical pesticides. I'll be back in a day or two, You guys have great Sunday. Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.

5 comments:

Della said...

Yeah, you're finally back! I have checked everyday for an update and today was it! Glad all things are coming together and I know the kids will just love the new puppies!

Leanne said...

It is so beautiful out there...the huge fields and trees behind the garden are gorgeous! I am sure you are LOVING being close to home and everyone... that is so awesome that you all live that close to each other!! What a blessing! It's great to have you back. Leanne

Renea said...

Hey i was wondering about you guys! I was so glad you stopped by to visit with us. Those kids are getting so big. Renea

In The Masters Hands said...

Renea, I am so glad you left a comment, I too was happy to see you guys, we have thought about visiting ya'll at church, but just haven't made it there yet, and talk about getting big, your kiddos have grown too, neither ine of us have babies any more, I am simply amazed at how fast they grow up. Well now I am looking forward to your blog, so when do you plan to start one up?;)

Unknown said...

Lovely garden!!! I have been just about killing myself in my garden. I think I hand weeded close to 1800 linear feet of veggies yesterday. It took me ALL day. Today I tackled the berry patch and my flower beds. I'm ready for a week at the lake and thank goodness, it starts Saturday! =)