Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nine things:

Here are nine things I love about being at home with my children:

A Big brother who tell his own version of a story to his little brother and cousin, and getting to be there to hear it. A rip roaring story it was to!!

Getting to see my daughter learn patience with her baby brother, and his love for her hair, You see, he can not have that thumb in His mouth unless hes playing with someones hair, Its like a reflex for him, thumb goes in, hand grabs hair, it just come natural, Now I know she don't look to happy in this picture and it took her a while to get used to the idea that when he couldn't have my hair to play with he wanted hers but now I think she enjoys loving on him and spoiling him rotten almost as much as I do.
Teamwork. The team work of a family is just wonderful to watch, The caring and the love between siblings that shows up just in the nick of time (if you know what I mean) It took them awhile but they finally worked together so that both of them could get on that pony, I am thankful that Mr. Toby was patient with them, it must of been one of his rare good days, he can be a might cantankerous.
Watching little boys learn new skills, and seeing the joy in his face, ,because hes doing something big, and with his own knife, a major milestone in my boy eyes.

Being the very first one to hear about how he pulled his first tooth all by himself.

I love hearing my baby talk, about how hes helping daddy, "cause I big ", so he says, he'll always be my baby.

Seeing her confidence go from this...
...to this. Man, how she has grown in the past year, Still so little, but becoming a wonderful young lady, I'm thankful I get to see it.



The quiet times when they think no one is watching. To me, these are the most precious.

Mischievous grins, Makes me wonder what hes going to do next, as if climbing to the top of the piano(the very same one I fell off of when I was three, and cracked my head on, which ended up needing stitches) , wasn't enough to give me heart attack already.

Everyday is new and exciting in this world of mothering, even those that are trying are special, That's why I love being a mom. You never really have a dull moment, either you are on the brink of pulling your hair out with them or you want to squeeze'em extra tight, either way you just love them with all you got, because without them life just wouldn't be as fun.

6 comments:

Joy said...

That is great and I really can't believe how much Abs has grown! WOW!

Della said...

Blessings all of them, for sure!

Unknown said...

I love this post. I think I need to do one of these. I've been "arguing" with myself about why I should be happy to be home and not gallavanting around hanging out for coffee all the time... but sometimes I get jealous of moms with more freedom. But I'm working on long term investment here, and I know I'd rather be close to my kids FOREVER than close to some friends for a period in time. I mean, friends come and go, and move away... family is forever. I keep reminding myself of this.

Leanne said...

That was beautiful, a real treat to read!! Children are such a gift from God.

Leanne said...

I tagged you over at my blog!

Donna said...

What a beautiful tribute to Motherhood! Your children are beautiful....and obviously happy and whole! ( I had a hair twirler too! They're so sweet!)