Friday, January 2, 2009

A Brand New Year!!

There is always some excitement with the beginning of a New Year, it may just be that we can put behind us all the things that happened in the past year, that we can make a new start, try to be better in our work as parents, spouses, friends. I for one don't do any kind of new year resolutions, I'm afraid that I will fail and then that would make me feel bad. But I do like to start new things and do my best to improve on the ones that need fixing.
I have this list in my mind of the things that I know need work and I have made plans to improve on them with the Lords help.
1. My Prayer life. I love to spend time in prayer with the Lord each day, but sometimes that time gets pushed aside or shortened because of to many things going on around me. Shame on me:(
2. Listening. I have this bad habit at times of not really paying attention to what someone is saying to me because I am either working on something, thinking about something else and that is so not good, and it really bugs me.
3. My home. It seems to me that this past year I have let my house become very unorganized and chaotic and that is something that I am already in the process of changing. I know that my Lord is a Lord of order and not of chaos and for this very reason I believe that my home should be the same way, Peace can't be found in chaos and I most definitely want peace in my home, for my children and my husband.
These are just a few of the things that I know I need to improve on and there is no better time to
get started then at the beginning of a brand New Year!!!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 comment:

Della said...

Looks like a good list of resolutions to me! Praise the Lord for new beginnings!