Sunday, December 28, 2008

CATCHING UP!

I thought I would do a little catching up today since we are at home this Sunday night, instead of at Church. I don't usually have time to look at a computer on Sundays but this one was a little different.
Christmas this year seemed a little busy, I felt like I was running everywhere and getting nowhere all at once ya know, It all started for me on Tuesday night.
Tuesday night we had Christmas supper at my moms with all of my sisters and brother and boy did we have fun!! We played games and ate lots of food and just had a great time being together, We missed my mom who was feeling a bit down that night and went home early, It just didn't seem right Her not being there, I hope that she is feeling better now.
Wednesday night we went to my grandparents and had a fine time with all my extended family, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends of cousins, in-laws and out-laws(for real), Anyways it was a good to see everybody for the second time this year, You see, some of the ones who come for Christmas Eve supper at papas we don't see but twice a year, once at thanksgiving and the other at Christmas. (They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but its at these times of the year that I wonder if that's really true.)
The food was great as usual, my mama is a wonderful cook and she always overdoes herself for these dinners but we sure do appreciate her for it.
Then Christmas day was spent at home, after getting up at 4:00 that morning we left and went to see my nephew be surprised with his first horse for Christmas and than he and Abs went riding for a little while, and my mom and sis made a great breakfast for everyone, and than we came home and just enjoyed the being at here.
On Friday we left and went with my husbands family to a house we rented down on the lake to enjoy the weekend with all of his brothers, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews, We had a wonderful time and as usual we all had way to much to eat. The Kids were so good, and they all got a long great. They even put on a little skit for us, It really was a good time of fellowship with his family, whom we don't get to see near as often as we should.
Now finally we are at home again after a busy weekend and I am trying to get my house put back together for the time being, I plan on just sitting around and being restful for the rest of the evening, Because tomorrow will be a brand new day and I sure don't want to miss a minute of it.
My camera is still giving me fits, but I will try to have some pics up in the next day or two.

1 comment:

Della said...

I know what you mean by this season feeling rushed. I didn't take breather time like I should have, taking little moments to remind myself of the true reason we celebrate Christmas. Amen on the overeating as well...