Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shall we gather at the River!!


This is the river that runs through my grandpa farm, and as he would say we own to the middle of it(that is how all old deeds read and he thinks that is just the neatest thing)
But besides that, Saturday afternoon my mom and dad planned a fishing trip to the river and we were so happy to go! Here are a few pics to show you all our fun.
Cob(my nephew) caught the first fish of the night, he was a little feller.

Here is my dear sweet daughter, who caught her very first fish ever!!
Tan, here caught several fish that night. Just look at that hat pulled so low over his ears. I hope his ears don't stick that way cause he always insist on wearing it like that. Oh well, If they do He'll still be my cutie pie.

Now this little guy did not catch any fish, but he was very successful at scaring alot of them away!


This is my big sis Chris and she was the winner of the night with the most fish caught! I think she bagged 7 .

Now, no trip to the river would be complete without a bonfire and hot dogs.

Oh and marshmallows, I almost forgot about the marshmallows. I just love ooey, gooey roasted marshmallows!!!
Well thats a little summary of what goes on around here on Saturday nights. I think I'll go hunt me up some marshmallows and make some more smores (ha ha), those things were good!!!

2 comments:

Della said...

We had a hot dog roast recently and I had forgotten how fun (can you say cheap entertainment?) it was. We made smores too as I have always believed that God made the marshmallow for the graham cracker and the Hershey's bar. I don't have scripture to back that up though...just a gut feeling ;) I would like to learn how to fish. My grandpa used to take me when I was little, but then realized that if he wanted to live to see retirement, giving me a long pole with a sharp hook at the end was not in his best interest. I think I caught a boot once...it was a big un! Gets bigger every time I tell the story. Love the pictures!

Leanne said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! Have a great day! Leanne