Monday, September 29, 2008

Stress!!!

Stress, we all deal with it don't we? I have had my share of stress this past week and I am here to tell you, I don' t think I handled it very well at all. Have you ever noticed that when you get stressed and you don't handle it very well, the first people you take it out on is your family. And how that most of the time you are the one bringing all the stress on yourself. I have noticed these things about myself here lately and I don't like it. So I have written down a few things that I hope will help me to get rid of the stress in my life.

1. Make time for myself!!!!! This my sound a little selfish but I have found that if I don't make a little time for myself everyday that I will get really bummed out. I can't be every bodies everything, every minute of everyday!

2. Choose my battles! I am usually pretty good at doing this but here lately I don't seem to be doing a very good job at it. If my daughter wants to wear her boots with shorts when we go to town then that's okay, its just her style, and if my son insists on wearing his co-op shirt everyday, as long as its clean than that's okay to. Choose my battles, some things really aren't worth fussing about with your kids, They are kids by the way and they all have to find their own way, with some good directions, of course.

3. Housework will get done!!! I have to tell myself this at least 100 times a day. It will get done, someday my house will be clean again. I have discovered that when you homeschool, that there are a few things that get put on the back burner and at my house anyways housework is one of those things, and laundry, and the yard, and the van, and well you get the picture. Anyways, why stress out about it when teaching your children and spending time with your husband is so much better than washing dishes .

4. Organization!!! This is one thing that I constantly have to work on. I am more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of gal, but I am realizing that life with children requires a bit more organization.

5. Last but definitely not least, Is spending time with my Lord each and everyday. The best medicine for a stressed out day is to spend time in the Word. To stop in the mist of the chaos and go to His Word and let Him fill me with His peace.

Well this is just a few ways that I reduce and deal with the stress that sometimes trys to overcome me.
So tell me, do y'all ever deal with stress? If so drop me a line and let me know how you reduce the stress if your life.

2 comments:

Della said...

You've hit the nail on the head. I've found my family is not just the first people I take my stress out on, they're the only people I take it out on. I could be super tense and yelling and screaming, but then someone call and I'm like June Cleaver on Leave it to Beaver. The phone gets hung up and I'm back to freaking out. I feel ya on this one...

Joy said...

Stressed? yeah its like my middle name these days