Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thoughtful Tuesday

Have you every just sat down and wondered what would happen if you just decided to quit? Well I have, especially during these last few weeks, and you know what really kills me, people that you think would be encouraging to you are the ones who keep knocking you right back down. I just really don't get that!! Aren't christian brothers and sisters supposed to uplift one another, I thought so, But it seems like the ones I know only talk to you so they can tell you what you are doing wrong and how to fix it, and while I sometimes need that, sometimes it would be really great to just hear someone say something encouraging. I am just a little disheartened lately by these things. Ever since I began homeschooling its like everyone thinks they have the right to tell that they don't think I am doing a good enough job, or since I'm not doing this way or that way, that I am doing it wrong. Well you know what I didn't ask for their opinions, I didn't even ask for their advice I didn't ask for any thing but for some reason they just feel compelled to give it. I guess I'm just using this blog to vent today, because I am really tired of opinionated people who don't even take their own advice, who just rant and rave about what everybody else is doing, and heaven forbid if somebody tries to tell them something that would benefit them, NOOOOOOO, they sure won't listen to that because they know everything and need no help.
I truly hope that I am not one of those people!! I hope that I am an encouraging person, someone who tries to see good in everybody and everything, Someone who understands that we all need help, can always use well-placed advice. I want to be more Christ like, gentle, caring, slow to anger, and quick to forgiveness.
Lord, I know I fail miserably at these things most of the time, please help me to be more like you. I want people to see You in me every day. I don't want to ever get so full of myself that I drown You, I want to be full of Your love, kindness and grace, and Lord I can't do that by myself, So please help me to die to self and to be raised in your likeness.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Wow! I guess you are stressed about something! I hope I haven't been the extra stress! I am sorry if I have done anything to make you feel inadequate as a mother, or teacher! You are doing a good job and you chose the hardest year to even start homeschooling and one of the harder packages. I think you are doing great and well we can't all home school the same and yes we all get very opionated about home school because we find things we like and think everyone else should just love them too! Well it isn't always the case and I am learning what is great for me and mine isn't good for you and yours!
Joy