Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hay!!!

Its that time of year again! Hay Hauling Time!!


And the children love it. Not the hauling part, mind you, they love the climbing part .

Its like a gigantic jungle gym, and nothing was more fun when I was a kid than climbing up in the barn on hay bales. Of course, our hay wasn't always kept in the barn, but then it was fun jumping from one bale to the next, except when you didn't make it to the other bale and then well lets just say that did not make for a pretty picture! Anyways here are some pics of the kiddos playing in the hay as we unload it.




Don't they look like they are having the best time. Thats what I call making memories:)

4 comments:

Della said...

How cute! Makes me itchy! Love the pics!

Tricia said...

What fun! My boys would absolutely love that!

Unknown said...

oh, haulin' hay has to be one of my favourite childhood memories. The big round bales we use now just don't cut it.... I broke my leg once jumping out of the hayloft into the loose hay.... not so fun.

Joy said...

thats cool when did ya'll do that? As I recall hauling hay lots of times it was hot hard work..do you not remember that part of it?...oh but the fun when we were too SMALL
to actually load and unload the stuff. awww precious memories how they linger!
Joy