Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wonderful Wednesdays

We(Joy And I) took the kids to the park last week and here are some of the pics. Now that fall weather has come, the leaves are starting to change and this picture would now look totally different, but just as beautiful. I just love going to this park, it is actually just right down the road from where I live and it is a state park and so it is always kept so nice and clean. This was the first time our children had ever hiked to the falls and I wish I had pictures of their faces to show you their awe. Along the way we stopped to take pictures of all Gods beautiful creation, below is a picture of the little falls, To me it is almost prettier than the big falls.
And you know it just wouldn't have been a fun hike if I hadn't stopped to get pictures of the kids enjoying it. And no, don't worry she is not trying to throw her cousin off the cliff, they were just being silly, but little Em does look a little scared doesn't she! I would have posted a better picture of the kids, but this was the best one I got, You know how it is when you try to take their pictures they never want to just look natural they have to always be doing something silly, at least mine do!!
Oh! and we also saw a snake, not a very big snake, but a snake all the same. And it was so cool, I wish I had a recording of all the reactions this little guy got from the kids.
When we finally got to the big falls little C had done went to sleep, Don't she just look so comfy. I always get a little nervous, standing to close to the railing, but my E-pie doesn't look the least bit leery does he.

Now here is a picture of the big falls, and I am telling you, It is so much more beautiful in person, and just standing up there on the lookout , I get chill bumps, when I think that the same God who created this beauty, created me, and blessed me with the opportunity to live in a place as wonderful as this .

2 comments:

Tricia said...

That is just beautiful! We love water falls... for our honeymoon we spent much time in North Carolina and hiked to many water falls... they make me think of the mighty power of God!

Blessings!

Della said...

Wonderful pictures!Looks like you had a great little nature walk and God gave ya'll a beautiful day! As for the snake, I'd have had a hard time not jumping over the falls to get away from it...You are brave brave souls!!!!