Friday, August 1, 2008

Fridays Ramblings

TRUST
Such a big word sometimes, ain't it. I don't always have the trust thing down pat. Oh I have trusted the Lord for my salvation and I trust in Him to do what He says He will do, and to keep me in His hands. I trust in His Word and I trust that He will answer my prayers. Or do I?
Do you ever have those moments that you wonder if you really are trusting Him for all things? Maybe I'm the only one who does this type of thinking but I really do have to take a long hard look at myself and ask Am I truly trusting that God knows best, that His Will will prevail and that He will keep His promises? Then I have to go and pray and ask God to forgive me for not trusting, for not having the faith of a mustard seed, for asking but not believing. Is it only me that does this? It doesn't really matter if it is, I was just wandering. I trust in the Lord to keep His Holy Word, in that I have no doubts. But when it comes down to the things in my life, thats where I sometimes lose confidence, Not in the Lord, mind you, but in myself, Am I praying right, am I right with God, or do I have things that need to be cleaned out, am I so far down that He can't hear my prayers, these are the things that I am dealing with this morning.

This week Prairie Chick has began doing a bible study on her blog and it has been very enjoyable, and I have really needed it . The one thing that I saw in the first 2 chapters(Gen.38, and Judges 14) read this week is that God has a plan and a will, that He is going to accomplish, and that He will fulfill His plan even through our failures. He knows our imperfections, He knows our wrongs and He knows that we will fall, But he can use me in spite of that. Now He doesn't use my sins, He uses me, through His righteousness, because in Him I am made righteous. This has been a big help to me to see this again, this week has been a particularly trying week, and I have been plagued with thoughts about my many, many, many ( you get the point) misgivings and shortcomings, and I needed that reminder from Gods word that I can trust in Him. His will reigns supreme and I am not trusting that everything will work the way I want it to, just because I have prayed it, But I am trusting in what Gods Will is in my life!! I have no doubts whatsoever, that Gods Will will be fulfilled, when we are trusting and obeying Him in our lives.

Now when it comes to the day to day things, I begin to have this little trust battle all over again. I am sure that at some point in your life you have dealt with this too. Do we truly trust God with those things. I have a deep desire to homeschool my three kids, a desire that I believe God has given me, but you see my husband is NOT of the same frame of mind. Now he will agree that a christian education would be better, but not enough to let go of his worries about whether or not I'll be able to do it well enough, if I will get everything else done that needs to be done everyday, you see where I'm going with this. Well this summer we agreed that we would pray about this, and let God show us His Will. Well, I have been praying and I have seen things that I believe only God would be able to do, We haven't argued about it, and my mother-in-law( who is not a homeschooling supporter) actually talked to me about it this week and she agreed that it would be a great education for the kids, she had no discouraging words to say to me about it. Now if that ain't God doing a work!!! I believe that it is. But even with that my husband still won't give in. This has caused a ripple effect if you can imagine, it makes me feel like I'm waiting on his permission and I don't like that at all, but ain't that just what the enemy wants, to cause division, to get me and him to be at odds on this. You might be wanting to know where I am going with this, so let me say Can I trust God to work this out? Yes I believe that I can, I know without a doubt that this is right, that homeschooling our children is want He would have us to do., But I do have a problem trusting my husband to make the right decision, (did I just say that out loud) Well anyways, I guess this is a major part of the problem. I can trust God with many many things, why can't I trust Him with my husband? Just being Frank today!! This is something that I have been praying about, for help with this. I know that I can trust God in all things and with all things, I just need help with this more often then with other things.
I maybe the only one who ever deals with these type of issues and maybe I am wrong for writing about them, but i don't think so. I know that it is helpful to me to be reminded that I can trust my Heavenly Father with every thing in my life, I can even trust Him to help me overcome the battles that I face with my flesh(my husband, I really mean no disrespect). I know that this has been some weird ramblings but I hope that this has been encouraging to some one else to.

Trust- confidence, faith, hope. I have confidence, faith, hope and trust in the Lord today. I know that He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.(eph.3:20) Unto Him be all glory !!!! Thank You Lord for hearing the prayers of this child of yours, Thank You that I can put all my trust in You for all things, even things that to others may seem small, to You they are special. I am so grateful for You unfailing Love. You are worthy of all Praise, Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I am right with you on this post. I have the desire for my children to have a christian world-view therefore homeschooling is what they need. It is virtually not possible right now as God is working to lead my sweetie into full time ministry. I do not have the passion to do the homeschooling but I do have the desire for them to be homeschooled. Now, how does that work? I have no idea but I know that God is in control and He will show me what He wants for my family. I know this but still struggle waiting on His timing. I will pray that you get His words that will help you to accomplish what He wants you to.

In The Masters Hands said...

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I apprectiate them. Isn't it wonderful to know that we serve a Great God who has a plan and purpose in for our lives. I to know what it is like to struggle with waiting, My sister reminded me of a great verse of scripture yesterday and it has been with me all morning Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.