Friday, August 29, 2008

Only He Knows

The past few months of my life have been rather revealing. At times I just have to sit down and shake my head at the wonder of it all. Sometimes I don't really understand why things happen the way they do or why they even have to happen at all. Today I was talking with someone and they ask me the question " Who says we don't have to go through hurts and troubles? No One ever told us that we wouldn't have to deal with the things that we have seen hurt other people so bad."
Yesterday I watched my closest friend cry tears of rejection and loss, Tears that one should never have to cry.
I hurt for my friend, My heart breaks at the thought of what she must be feeling, I sit and try to figure out what to say, what to do, and as I sat here wondering, my mind racing, I hear a still small voice that says "I know what to do, I know whats going on and I am still in control."
I am reminded of the tears of rejection Jesus cries every time someone turns Him away. I can picture in my mind, Him standing there with arms outstretched just waiting for me to turn to Him, waiting for me to rest in His arms, waiting...
He knows how it feels to be rejected, He knows how it feels to want to be loved, and to have those He loves turn away from Him. I stand up and all around me I feel peace, That this loving, merciful and gracious Saviour knows,(beyond what I can even comprehend) how to help my friend. So I do the one thing that I know will be the absolute best thing, I pray. I pray to my Father above, I pour out all my hurt and sadness and ask Him to help.
Only He knows what tomorrow will bring, Only He knows.

No comments: