Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thoughtful Tuesday

Well its raining here today and we are very excited about that! I was out with the kids the other day and we went down to the creek at my grandpas and he said that if we didn't get some rain soon that the creek would be dry in about 2 weeks. Well I don't guess it will be going dry now.

Do you ever feel that way in your christian life, Do you ever go through droughts? I have, and then it seems like I'll go through times when I have floods of trials. Or at least that is what it seems like lately. James 1:2 says My brethren count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations: v.3 knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience.v.4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. I really do love these verses of scripture, but boy they sure can be hard to live by sometimes.

Around my house lately patience is so hard to come by, The word perseverance comes to mind today, It sounds like such an ugly word, but in parenting its a word that I need to use more often, to keep me focused on the latter end, because to give in just once is to lose a battle, that more than likely you will have to fight again.

So today I am choosing to smile in the downpour of trials, to find those raindrops of patience, and to persevere through all the puddles of whines and complaints. To let the Joy of the Lord flood my soul, and fill me with His goodness. In other words I am going to laugh in the face of laundry, let dirty dishes lie in wait and enjoy the rainy day with my kids whether they like it or not! I hope you have a great day in the Lord!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Laugh in the face of Laundry? HA! I've been doing that for about 2 weeks now(shhh don't tell anyone) Who has time for laundry with everything else? Man I have got to get back on track too,but I am proud that is hasn't gotten to me like it used too! Dirty dishes well I have a few of those also! Lets be honest with ourselves here whats more important right!
Not that we should live in filth and neither of us do that!
Trials well we all have em and they ain't fun! Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time...I'll gladly bear your burdens with you! I make sure to keep you in my prayers and other family members as well..and you do the same for me! I am having a trial right not too it seems with myself not that it involves anyone else mainly ME! He is the potter and I am the clay I keep reminding myself and to just Be still! I have gotten to hear some great messages lately that help and inspire me to be more.
Just think after these trials comes more growth and growth means closer to him. Thats where I want to be closer to HIM.
Isn't the rain great though! Even though after getting out of the doctors office I had to run to Wal-Mart of all places and pick up something the Dr. prescribe and would you know I not only got splashed by a passing vehicle but stepped in one of those invisible water HOLES! Mind you I was wearing a skirt and flip flops and I am just glad I didn't flop right down in it which I almost did! Then after putting my buggy away like an idiot I stepped in the same waterhole again. Needless to say I am glad they weighed me BEFORE the fact because my bluejean skirt was drenched! Wait maybe it should have happened before so I could blame these few extra pounds(ok more than a few) on the WATER! oh well maybe next time! Hope you are all right enjoyed the post! Yeah you are right those two P words are NOT my favorite!
Love Ya!
JOy