Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home


Isn't it funny that no matter how long you may have been gone from this place, or how long you might have had your own home, the place where you grew up will always be home. I love the place where I grew up and I have many, many fond memories of me and my siblings here. Like the time I shut my brother in the cattle chute for quite awhile, or how my sister and I would dance in the barn while we were mucking out stalls, or how we would spend hours riding through the fields, or in the barn stripping tobacco listening to my grandpa tell stories of the good old days, man, what a blessed child I was to grow up here. I also have a few memories that I would like to forget, but hey we won't go there. The front porch is the coolest place around, on the hottest day of the year it will still be nice and cool on the front porch, I can remember sitting there and resting after lunch before we would have to head back out to the tobacco patch or the barn to finish whatever chore we were doing. ( all the while we would be looking for a way to get out of the work, my sister Joy always seemed to get a belly ache, Sometimes it worked most times it did not;)
Anywho, I was going through my pics today and found this picture of my old home place, the place where my parents still live and I just had to put it on here. I took this picture about 2 weeks ago for my mom, and her yard looked so pretty, it was completely covered with leaves, not a speck of grass anywhere. Of course it looks like this every fall, and I think it is one of the prettiest places in the county. A most wonderful place to grow up! A place filled with Gods love. Home
P.S. I hope that my children have as many fond memories of their homeplace as I have of mine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh what a beautiful home, what beautiful memories and what a beautiful post! The way you wrote that just took me right there. How I would have loved to be your playmate! =) oh well, I get to be now and we can riding together in heaven. Or heck, who knows, maybe we will meet up one day and go riding together on earth, stranger things have happened! How far are you from "home"? You must be close if you just took this picture...

In The Masters Hands said...

I live about ten miles from my parents, not to far, but it seems that way at times, and yes riding together in heaven or here would be a wonderful thing.

Joy said...

Wow B that is so nice! Made me cry to tell you the truth! You know home isn't far for us and we are so blessed for that. I too still love home and wow at the memories.
In the song our youth choir sings about I have been blessed the verse that says "a mother and father who nurtured and raised, brothers and sisters and the memories made" every time I sing that song it reminds me of how truly blessed I am with four siblings and a mom and dad who love the Lord. We had such good times didn't we? Even if it was during hard work I wouldn't have had it any other way. You all may the work load easier for we got to share it as well as memories!
love it!
Joy

Tricia said...

That is just beautiful... I would love to sit awhile on that front porch! Thanks so much for sharing, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blessings!

Della said...

Joy faked a belly ache? To get out of work? No way...really? Just kidding. I feel that way about my parent's house as well. I'm thankful for my parents and the memories made and I am most thankful that I am on my way to my eternal home. Beuatiful picture...who needs grass with leaves of that color! Happy Thanksgiving!