Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturdays

I remember as a child that Saturdays were awesome! We could sleep late and then get up and watch cartoons all morning long. My mom would be at home and that was her major cleaning day, she would fix something good for breakfast, ya know like chocolate gravy and biscuits, or sausage and biscuits anything but cereal, sometimes we had to eat that but more often than not she would cook for us. My sister and I and sometimes our little brother would always find something to get into. I have other memories to about Saturdays, if it was a rodeo weekend than we would be up and at'em bright and early to get every thing loaded and on the trailer. If not than we would often be asked to help work, stripping tobacco,chopping tobacco, cutting tobacco, hauling hay, working cows, anything my dad or mom wanted us to do,( you noticed I didn't mention any house work, that because as a young'un I despised house work and would do anything I could to run away from it!) I know you must be wondering where I am going with this and well my point is: What happened to Saturday?
Around my house any more we are rushing off in to one thing or another, never just staying at home, but always having something to do. It seems like all week long we rush to get to the weekend only to have the weekend be busier than the week. To be honest I am tired of the never ending rush!!! I am so ready to just sit, be still and do nothing for a change.
So that is exactly what we are doing today. My family and I(all but my husband, he had to work) slept in and than got up, had muffins for breakfast and the kids played while I caught up on my housework, and boy does it feel nice to not have to rush around today. Tonight dh and I are going to eat somewhere special and spend some time together, while the kids play at Nana's. This don't happen often and I surely don't want to rush it. I just want to sit back and enjoy the day that my wonderful Lord has made. Gods been so good to me!!
Well thats my ramblings for today. What are you doing today? Drop me a line and let me know, whatever it is, don't rush, Have fun and enjoy all the good things Gods given you! Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

emilily23 said...

I am going to the fall festival tonight at church im perty sure gerald and becky are coming yay ha ha ... but it would be awesome if yall could all come that would just be great... im like you i hate to rush ha ha =)! talk to ya later ..em

Joy said...

I hear ya! I had to rush to crossville today but I think it was needed. I just want to have a lazy day and my work still get done is that too much to ask? OH and supper out with my husband that like never happens. Oh well Cal is standing right here beside me right now yelling MAMA MAMA MAMA! better run

Tricia said...

Our day was too busy... we did not plan it that way, it just ended up being that way. It has not been one of our best days, every one else is in bed now and I am having some down time trying to get a better attitude!

So glad you had a good day and hope you had a wonderful evening with your husband! Those are the best, nights with our men without the kids!

Blessings!

Della said...

I too, have fond childhood memories of Saturdays. I spent the day doing a bit of Christmas shopping with my Mom and my two little ladies. Accidently wore my junk flip flops to town, cause I'm so used to wearing them around the house and HOW EMBARASSING! Let me just say it's been awhile since I had a pedicure, and since it's colder weather,I wasn't really planning on getting one. Came home and tried to get into some housework, but pulled rank and gave myself a day off!

Tricia said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your comments and encouraging words you left on my blog earlier today! I do know that scripture, and it describes my battle perfectly, sometimes it is just more of a battle than others... but I will have victory through Christ!

Blessings!