Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Surrounded By His Glory

Yesterday My husband and I took the kids hiking at a place called Savage Gulf, It is actually a state natural area, and one of my husband favorite places. Now being there and seeing it in all Gods Glory I have to say that it is one of mine too.








You see those bluffs, the next few pictures were taken from there.

This picture here was taken looking down as I crossed over onto that big bluff in the pic above, it was more than a little nerve wracking, I thought I was going to cry there for a minute but then I soon forgot my discomfort as I looked upon the wonderful view, that and knowing that I wasn't about to let my kids out do me. Those are just the tops of the trees you see, I can't begin to describe how high this bluff really is. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.






This is a place on the hike that is called Stone Door, the reason: this is the only way, besides repelling, that you can get to the forest floor. It is about 100+ft to the bottom, in between rock. That doesn't actually get you all the way to the valley floor but it does get you down off the bluffs.


This is taken about 1/4 of the way down, I turned around to look back and it was just to beautiful to describe with words alone.









We finally made it to the bottom! Whew was I thankful, but I was not necessarily looking forward to the hike back up!!



I have so many pictures to share and I can't wait to show them all to you guys, Oh, my header pic was also taken at one of the bluffs.
The fall color was beautiful, I was awe struck at the beauty all around where ever we looked. Gods creation down here is wonderful, I can not even begin to imagine what beauty's we'll behold when we get to heaven!!

The children and I had a great time and was of course ready for a nap when we got home, but these guys didn't wait till we got home, Eli took his nap while still on the trail!!, Abbie and Tanner was asleep before we even left the parking lot. The poor puppy took a nap every time we stopped to take a picture, to say the least he was exhausted.



This little trip was also a great way to take my mind off the election, while I am not particularly happy about the out come, I know that, no matter what , our Almighty God is in control and nothing can take away the victory and peace I have in Him. "...Even so, come, Lord Jesus." Rev.22:20

4 comments:

Joy said...

AWESOME!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!....trying not to covet...will have to Go! God is great...many many mighty wonders and what beautiful pictures he paints for us!
Joy

Leanne said...

Wow, that is breathtaking! You picked a perfect day to go hiking!

Amy Ellen said...

Hello

Thank you for your kind words. What lovely pictures. I enjoyed reading this post and will enjoy reading your previous thoughts as well.
Hugs
Amy

Della said...

Beautiful! I love Savage Gulf! Dad used to take us hiking alot and that was one place we frequented! I gotta get me one of those slings! I love em! Those pics of the kids in the car all passed out on each other...classic! Kids have this knack for sleeping in cars I have never been able to accomplish since becoming an adult! God's sure good to us!