Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful for Gods Word.

It seems to me these days that there is alot of heartache in peoples lives all around me. I know that it has been that way since the beginning of time and maybe its just because I'm getting older(not really, I'm 30 and holding) anyways, bu tit does seem to me that my family and others around me are really going through the fire right now. So with these thoughts in mind, I have a few verses of scripture that I thought I would share with you all.

Job 14:1 Man that is born of woman is of a few days and full of trouble.
Now I sure am glad that God didn't just leave us with this verse and I am Thankful for its warning. But I am so very thankful for all the places in His word that He tells us of His peace, joy and comfort, that He gives us when we lay down all of our burdens at His feet.
One of my most favorite verses in all the Bible is John 16:33
These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
I love this verse and take great comfort in the fact the Jesus Christ has overcome this world and all of its troubles.
I heard a great message this past Sunday at church and it was a great blessing to me, and real help too. The title was How to make it through the fire!!!
The scripture was from Daniel 3. I'll try to give you the outline and hope that my notes on it will be a great help to any of you guys. 1: You need to understand what the fire is. The fire does not destroy the child of God it purifies them. Whatever the fire maybe in our lives it is not there to harm us but to make a better child of God of us. We should also understand that no matter what our need may be it is not near as great as the need of a lost person, Ours hearts should be broken more over the need of seeing souls saved, then over our own needs. 2. Who's in charge of the fire? We should always remember that God is in control of this fire and that it might just be that this fire is to get rid of the things that are binding us from being what God wants us to be, (the kind of godly wife, or mother in my case that I should be). Example here was the 3 Hebrew children and that when they were in the fire nothing was burnt away from them except for the rope that held them bound. 3. The purpose of the fire. To exalt the God we serve!! It is the purpose of the fire to bring glory to God. Example: Joesph. His life was on full of many fires, but look at what he did through everyone of them, he gave glory to God and was blessed for it, he was made more pure and Christ like through every one of his trials.
This message was so much more than I could write down, I was to busy listening, but the main point was, Don't fight the fire, let God use it to our purification, so that we will be able to better serve God. I don't know if I am making any sense out of this , I certainly hope that I am.
What this message meant for me was that I am not in this alone that God is in this with me and that if I lean on his understanding and not my own that I will be better for it. Jeremiah 29:11 say this " For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. I believe with all my heart that troubles and trials are not something to bring evil on us but it is for our betterment.
So I guess to sum it all up, these trouble some times don't just happen, they all have a purpose, and We can take great comfort in knowing that Christ has overcome this world and that because of that we can become more like Him through each and every one of our fires. And right now you may not be going through any fires,but someday down the road you most definitely will, my hope is that when that time comes you will remember this simple post and more importantly Gods Holy word and know that no matter what your fire may be, God is still God. And if right now you are going through the flames I hope that you too will take comfort in Gods word.
When I started my blog I had no intentions of focusing on anything painful or negative, such as the things in my last few posts, but I have really felt the need here lately to be an encouragement to those, who like me, may be walking through the fire. Thank You to all of you guys who have been praying for me, I know that prayer changes things and I am so thankful to know that I have such wonderful friends who keep me in their prayers, as I do you.

2 comments:

Joy said...

That was a great message wasn't it! I think he did a really good job made me realize how much I have missed hearing him preach. I really needed that message too lately it seems I am fighting my own little battles too..
God is Good!
JOy

God Chaser said...

what a wonderful word of encouragement. I was blessed- you took good notes and I uderstood it very well. I am so glad the fire will not consume rme but purify me. Thanks and be blessed.