Friday, November 14, 2008

Please Pray!!!

If you know the power of prayer and I'm sure you all do, than I ask that each one that visits this blog will pray for these following request:
1. The Carter family of Kentucky, A wife and mother of 5 was lost in a car accident yesterday afternoon. 2 of the children were seriously hurt, but they are all suffering from the loss of their mother, and I am sure that Mr. Carter is suffering equally so from the loss of his wife. Please pray that they will each receive comfort from the Lord in this tragic time and that God will give them the Grace to face each day.
2. My sister, My older sis is going through things in her life that she never thought she would have to face. How does one deal with the fact that your spouse is not who he says he is, In all honesty I would say that dealing with this is almost worse than it would be if her spouse had died. Now that may sound ugly but I certainly do not mean it that way, my meaning is that now she is having to fight for her children, fight to keep her home, fight for every thing that was a part of their lives, all because of sin, and what it does to people when they walk away from God. This is not what my sister wanted, she never dreamed that this is the way her life would play out, never thought that this was something that she would one day have to face, she is broken, she is hurting in a way that I can only imagine. But I know that God knows each and everything that is taking place, that only He can mend her broken heart and heal her wounds, I ask that we pray for this , to pray that God will uphold her and strengthen her during this time, That He will give her peace to know that He is still in control.
3 Now this is the hardest request of all,(deep breath) My brother-in-law. It is hard to put flesh aside and pray for the one that hurts us or our loved ones, only in love for my nephews can I ask this. My prayer is that God will move in my b-i-l's heart and show him the error of his ways and draw him back to God. This is my prayer, that he would come back to the Lord. I know that God never leaves us or forsakes us , but we can certainly walk away from Him and allow things of this world to over take our lives and then before we know it we are consumed by sin and all its consequences. I truly believe that my b-i-l had no plans for this to happen but once it did, I guess he felt he couldn't go back, so instead of turning around, he just kept on in what he was doing. He really and truly needs our prayers.
4. This week at our church a young man died quite suddenly of a heart attack. His death was completely unexpected, and his family is in shock, Mark is his name and I can remember times of his testimonies about how much he Loved his Saviour, so I ask that you all remember his family as well. I know that Mark is in that wonderful glory land called heaven and that he is singing praises to the Lamb of God right now but for those that are left here we mourn his leaving, so please pray for this as well.
It seems like so much has come our way this week in the way of tragedy and loss, I think I will be able to look back on this week in the months to come and see that God was holding my hand the entire time, no, really He was carrying me and my family through all of these times.
This post seems a little heavy to me and I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my honesty about things.
When things get tough I do the only thing I know to do and that is to pray, to cry out to God above, knowing that He hears my pleas.
Please join me in pray for these families. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Brandie

3 comments:

Della said...

So much heartache and trial on every hand. The Lord must surely be coming back soon! I will most certainly add these requests to my list. I pray the heaviness you feel would lighten and that God would give comfort to your family.
Della

emilily23 said...

Yes i know the carter famile real well it was shocking to hear that jenny had passed away the family is taking the death well.

Leanne said...

I have been praying for your sis for awhile, I can only imagine the heartbreak she is experiencing. I will pray for the other requests as well, there is so much sadness in this world. Praise the Lord for the hope of Heaven, no tears there!