Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Am I a Mary or Am I a Martha

Today i read a favorite blog of mine and was asked this question, Am I a Mary or a Martha. To be honest I am a little ashamed to answer. I would have to say that i am, more often that not, a Martha. The bible says that Martha was so busy doing things that she didn't take the time to sit and learn at Jesus's feet. And you know I get so caught up in what I am doing and what I have to do, that I don't stop near enough and just learn more about my Lord. I want to change that! Luke 10:42 Jesus is speaking and says " But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part,which shall not be taken away from her." I don't want to constantly be doing. And even when things are chaotic or my beds haven't been made yet, or dinner dishes haven't been put away, and my whole day seems crazy I need to remember the one thing that is needful, that is that the Lord and His word are the most important part of my day. I would definitly say that Mary had a closer walk with the Lord because she had her priorities right, God First, and then I think that every thing else will fall into the right places. You know I really want to see the lessons that God is teaching me in every situation that comes my way during the day, I would really like to be a Mary all day long, learn from the Lord while doing that which is pleasing to Him. I really think that it is a choice that we have to make, we each have alittle of both in us, part of us(or me) has the gotta do, gotta do, please everyone , rush around and get it done to perfection attitude, while at the same time trying to learn from the Lord and more often than not we miss out on Gods lessons. I hope this is making sense. So today I choose to do that which is needful and good, to be more like Mary and learn from Him, because I think that, that will make me a better Martha in my home.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Amen sister Amen!